After some planning, I made a draft of the manifesto as a poster. At the end of the day we put everyone's draft posters/start to a poster together on the wall. Everyone took very different approaches and there was a large selection of ideas.
I decided what I was going to write and what photograph I was going to use. After trying out many fonts, I picked one that worked best with the poster.
This is the photograph I picked for my manifesto before it was edited on photoshop. The image was done with my camera on very slow shutter speed to create a ghosty dynamic effect.
After some drafts I decided to do some more research on actual magazine covers. I like the look of the 'the gentlewoman' magazine because it concentrates more on the actual photography and subject matter rather than the title and graphics. Seen as the photograph is quite strong in itself I wanted to use minimal text so that it did not take away from the image. After editing it in Photoshop and InDesign, my final manifesto looked like this: