Monday, November 18, 2013

week 4 - illustration

Today we were concentrating on colour and illustrating text, we started off in the morning by creating a colour wheel of primary and secondary colours, moving on to doing colour charts. We then created our own illustrations with paint using only colours from one chart we creating. We did three of these illustrations to use three ranges of colours. For the text I was illustrating, I used a religious poem printed on glass, which is part of a collection of vintage projecting pieces I have recently been given. They are different religious texts and poems with beautiful patterns and detail surrounding them on glass lined with lead. I used the lyrics of each verse to inspire my paintings.



This illustration is from a religious poem, this is the verse:

Smooth let it be or rough,
It will still be the best,
Winding or straight, it leads
Right onward to Thy rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment