Friday, September 13, 2013

FASHION day 3

On the third day of the fashion taster week, we transformed the designs into real garments using only paper. I started by cutting a variation of different sized circles out of brown paper. I roughly measured my model Alice, which gave me an idea of how many circles I needed and what size to make them. 


Throughout the day I gradually put the large collection of circles together in the design I had drawn before, this was useful as I had something to follow. The design changed slightly at the back as it worked out better the new way, I discovered this only by making it. I created a separate skirt and top style garments, gluing together a selection of different sized circles, using a glue gun. Alice posed for me on every floor of the building, finding different backgrounds and relevant surroundings in contrast or comparison to the outfit. 













No comments:

Post a Comment