Thursday, September 5, 2013

Trip day-general influence.



Walking around the museum there were many rooms and displays that looked interesting, with the spare time I had I browsed around finding pieces that inspired me. After the display of the Illustration awards I was lead to a room filled with original vintage designs of furniture. Some of these things were originals of chairs, tables, book cases and domestic furniture. Along side others, one that specifically caught my eye was this uniquely shaped object with drawers and doors to store things in. I love the strange mixture of colours and patterns which I had never seen before. This metal chair was also a good one, the shape of it makes it seem as though it should be a comfortable arm chair made of soft fabric and pillows, but it was actually created out of weaved iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment